What is 3D Printing?
A magical box that may create objects from thin air. It may “print” in vinyl, plastic, nylon, and more than a hundred other substances.
It can be used for creating imaginary objects or can print production prototypes, end-user products, aircraft engine components, quasi-legal firearms and even human organs with an individual’s own cells.
The demand of 3D printing is growing at very fast in all the major cities. Many big manufacturing companies are researching and developing new products which can ease the life of humans.
3D Printing is also known as a 4th industrial revolution that will change the whole manufacturing process.
The 3D Printing technology was invented in 1980 and slowly it started changing into next-generation manufacturing technology with the potential of on-demand custom part or products.
3D Printing is also known as rapid prototyping means a replica of any particular product. The filaments used can be of many different forms like metal alloys, thermoplastics, pure metals, thermoplastic composites, ceramics, rubber, food form etc.
Steps involve in 3D Printing
- Deciding what you want to print in your 3d printer.
- Just increase your imagination and make a design of the particular product in CAD model.
- Then save it into STL file. Check that your 3D file is ready to be printed.
- Selecting the choice of the printing material you want to be printed.
- There are a different variety of materials used in 3d printing.
- The filament material used are of good quality and gives you the precise shape and finishing.
- Insert the STL file in your 3D Printer and define the X, Y and Z axis dimension in any 3d printing software like cura, blender, openscad etc.
- Set the print button and the 3d printer will start printing the object.
- The completion time depends on the shape and dimension of the object.
- After the object is 3D printed in particular form, finishing process starts.
- The 3d printed object does not have a smooth surface and it requires smooth finishing. This step requires specific skills.
- The object cannot be completed until lacquered, sanded or painted.
- Wide Material Choice– PLA, ABS, NYLON, FLEX, HIPS, PVA, METAL FILLS
- Big Build Volume – 300mm x 300mm x 300mm
- Resolution-High resolution parts of upto 50 mic. (High surface finish)
- Dual Colour Printing – 3D Printing in dual color
- Dual Extrusion Machine –Dual extrusion machine provide the complex parts with precise dimension.